Whole script needs to be something that can be 1-click installed on most hosts.
- Simple themes that are easy to customize and share. (A lot like the old HTML templates of the past.)
- Extending the stock blog script would be done through plugins.
- Commenting system built in.
- Indieweb stuff built in or the core plugins pre installed.
- Flat file database for long term robustness.
- At a minimum, a Markdown based editor to keep things simple.
- Categories and tags.
- Site search.
- Ability to migrate your posts. So the migration format needs to be something most blog scripts use. WP?
- SEO competent out of the box. Spiderable.
- Anti-spam – ship it with something like the Anti-spam Bee to protect comments.
- Some sort of captcha system.